Thursday, April 28, 2011

Linda Mason- make up artist turned fine artist.




What an honor for me. Way back when all of Britain was preparing for the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles, I was honored to work with Scottish make up artist Linda Mason. She could do beautiful traditional make up, like for a British Vogue cover we did with Barry Lategan, but even then was pushing the limits. One job we did for Bazaar was with Art Kane, white face with a painters pallet of colors splashed on my face, and it is one of my favorites.
Last year she invited me to be photographed along with other contemporaries, (i.e. women of a certain age), and this was the outcome. I am so thrilled and honored- I may have to show my true colors and buy my own portrait!Perhaps a quilt swap? So vain... but, seriously- when will I ever look like that again.
The experience was exhilarating and she really encouraged me to be myself for the picture. The funny thing was I had to go to a big fancy Christmas party in the city that night, and I still had green paint in my hair. I felt very downtown. Thank you, Linda for such a great time.
Check out her book,Makeup for Ageless Beauty: More than 40 Colorful, Creative Looks for Women 40 and Over .

No comments: