Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And now for something different.








Just in case you thought that all I do is baby quilts and dorm sets for college bound girls- here are a few pillows and throws that I have made up recently. I'm always looking for something new to work on. Wouldn't these look great in a bachelor pad? The found objects, like the horse skull, the lobster buoys, riding boots, etc. , give the room a more individual flair- uncommon products for the unique room. My favorite pillow is the zebra pillow. I used Steam a Seam fusible bonding to iron and then raw edge appliqué the zebra onto the vintage Vera tree fabric. I love raw edge applique- instant gratification at it's most gratifying! A cat is always a nice touch.

8 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

Wow! I heart the zebra pillow too! And that room is gorgeous! Love the window seat and love all the frames on the ledge! Thanks for sharing.

char said...

I love brown and blues together! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I see your kitty cat eyeing the fur throw...made me laugh. We have one too and it is a cat magnet! I love your pillows! Would you do a tutorial on raw edge applique?

annie

Rafael's Mum said...

great cushions, just right for a bachelor pad but I agree with Jodi... that window seat... swoon...don't you just want to sit there all day ??

Jennifer Paganelli said...

this looks right out of a magazine love the window seat and how did I miss the curtains flanking? love!!!

Mindy said...

Oooh I love love love that zebra pillow and the quilted horsey pillow on the old wing back chair!! Gorgeous!!!

(And I know my poor kids will need LOTS of therapy when I'm done with them ;) When I showed my oldest what I posted, he's 8 almost 9, he told me I had better NEVER post his real name! LOL)

nina pomeroy said...

I love these pillows. Your site is always so inspiring..I hope to dig out my sewing machine soon!

Reyna Meinhardt said...

I love the zebra pillow! Great ideas, it looks very rustic and nice!