Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My object of desire.



After helping my friend, talented artist Jennifer Paganelli, in her latest endeavors, I was rewarded with my object of desire. The girl in the shadow box. I have hinted, not too subtly at times, at how I love this piece she made a while back. This shadow box lined with the vintage Barbie image, embellished with her signature glitter and a glamorous brooch at the hollow of her throat is the perfect addition to my dressing table. I love Jennifer's fresh spin on folk art... so inspiring. I'm ready to glam it up once again!

7 comments:

Simone Howell said...

Lucky you! Barbie is beautiful. Glad to hear you have pulled yourself out of your funk! Horses will do that to you, and so will a 6 hour ride....may not be able to get out of bed the next day, but hey, that's alright! Oh and the pillows are beautiful, I agree, great for a bachelor pad. I love the graphic feel they have when viewed from a distance. Lovely work, my friend!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Your friendship means the world to me!

Jodi Nelson said...

What a wonderful gift! I absolutely love it. And how awesome to have such a friendship!

Cathy said...

You ladies are certainly a huge inspiration! What a pretty gift! Love you both!!!

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

We need to get her to sell these. I just love them! Thanks for sharing.
Mechelle

Anonymous said...

this is divine!

Reyna Meinhardt said...

I love the shadow box! Absolutely beautiful!