Thursday, March 25, 2010

Teacher's pets.









I have to say that my experience teaching (what limited knowledge I have to offer) has been most rewarding. We laugh the whole time, and no one ever makes a mistake! That's because I encourage imperfection. While we attempt to do our very best, we have lowered the bar. That way we all feel accomplished and in the end our projects are "perfect"! Perfectly us.
The Pillow 101 has been a huge success, and will continue on Tuesday mornings at Make and Mingle- projects to be announced. I think we will either make grocery totes or a clutch. I'm leaving it up to the class.
This Sunday is the "Quilt Haiti" workshop with Jennifer Paganelli- some of the blocks have already been mailed in- it is going to be amazing! Thank you to everyone giving their time and creativity to such a good cause. Special thanks to my dear old friends ( not that old) Patty Carroll and Creative Director at Vogue/ Butterick Patterns, James Bosco. Great job on the squares.
One of my first students, Jessica Donahue, moved away to South Carolina, but keeps me posted with her sewing projects. This "Scottie" is a downloadable pattern from Denyse Schmidt (in Sis Boom fabric). We are hoping Denyse will come and teach the Scottie class at Make and Mingle in June. She is trying to squeeze us in!
All in all, a very productive month so far- and spring has just arrived! Yippee!

2 comments:

nina pomeroy said...

Your easy going manner and creativity is always an inspiration! Now if only I could get the time to be a student again!

Kate D. Spain said...

Nancy, it was great to see you yday! Thanks to you and Jennifer for putting together such a superfun workshop...and for a great cause. xxook