Saturday, March 5, 2011

Food Journaling for Dummies.










Well, I started in earnest with my diet and fitness program that was custom designed for me by Maddi and Debra at Lean and Chic, but it all came to a standstill and I couldn't "figure" out why. Then I realized I had been resisting a very vital part of the regime- food journaling. Maybe it was just another thing to do on my "to do" list, or maybe I didn't want to share what I had actually been ingesting. Some things were not on the list... in fact, most of them weren't! So, who was I kidding? How can I make this fun and inspiring? I made a food journal! I embellished my little book with articles and images from a 1970's Teen magazine that contained all sorts of well meaning but totaling damaging information ("How I nabbed Flab, by Fat Franny") on food and fitness. I included snippets from the celebrity Fat to Famous article on how the stars stay slim, a five day diet regimen, and a few pics showing how-to spot toning exercises. Included at the end are pictures to inspire, new looks to dream about- even a full page cut out of a dreamy guy from a Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil ad! The page keeper is a measuring tape, and a longer tape, big enough for upper and lower thigh measurements will keep it safe and secure from unwanted viewers! Now, if this doesn't work, I don't know what will! Wish me luck- bikini season is just around the corner....
This can be yours...
Next, a beauty journal...

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Yay Nancy! This is so cute! You're doing awesome and now with your new, beautiful journal you are going to soar :) xo See you tonight!