Saturday, December 25, 2010

"Free Tree".






I was so busy with work and quilting this holiday season, I actually threatened not to put a real tree up. After all the kids are in their 20's, and Tim tends to mutter bah humbug from Thanksgiving until New Years Day. Somehow this threat even threw him for a loop!My husband spray painted a dead trees branch silver and he decorated that with silver and gold ornaments.
The kids were still not satisfied. Too minimalist.
It just so happened that Jack, my son, found a tree on the side of the road with a "Free Tree" sign. He threw it ( along with the sign in case I doubted the origins of said tree) into the back of the pick up and brought it home... and so we have a tree after all, and a beautiful one at that!
Before I could deliver the quilts today we had to have our traditional Christmas morning, eating a big breakfast and opening gifts under the tree. My old Mexican circle skirt no longer fits me, but made a great tree skirt instead.
Now that all of that is done, I will try to get a well stuffed husband off the couch to photograph the quilts for the blog. Good luck with that!
Here's wishing a Merry Christmas to everyone, and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

No comments: