Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pink Elephants on Parade.





This quilt for the "100 Quilts for Christmas" is a whole cloth quilt. It has vintage pink elephants on swings on one side and a mod animal flannel on the back. It's trimmed with hot pink vintage fringe.
Okay, that brings my total to 4 quilts. Next week I hope to get a group of people together to join in the festive spirit of the holiday to have a quilting bee of sorts. Wine, tapas, Brazilian Jazz and a few dozen sewing machines... could be dangerous- but all for a good cause. I already have people signing up and I promise NO SEWING EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! I will guide you (as little as possible) in the process we will make as many squares as we can that will then be quilted up and donated to The Center For Women and Families in Bridgeport, CT. .
If you can't make it and want to send a 12'' square, we will find it a home. Just email me for details.

3 comments:

Madeline said...

Nancy, This is SO cool! what beautiful work and what an awesome cause. I'd love to help out along with my neighborhood gals it sounds like a great time. xo

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I love your quilts! The quilting is great on this one. I'll have to try it sometime! I linked up 3 of your 100 Quilts for Christmas on Aunt Spicy's blog so everyone can see how great they are. If that isn't okay, send me an email at swimbikequilt at gmail dot com. Thanks so much! (and the quilting on your storybook quilt is a-mazing!)

Aunt Spicy said...

So love this one, that fabric is amazing! Thanks so much for helping out!