Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peace Tree Dessert Apron #2.







I'm all about promoting and supporting small businesses, especially when what they sell is what they have made themselves. So this is why I cannot stop creating new aprons for my new friend, Robyn Eads of Peace Tree Desserts. Each delectable dessert she crafts with love and natural ingredients is a "peace" of art in itself.
The first apron was made with a more organic palette and organic material when possible. This all cotton apron was inspired by a photo she sent me from an Anthropolgie catalog... a little brighter, with vintage trims and a dirndl style apron with pockets. The bird motif on this Valorie Wells Bird Paisley for Free Sprit was a choice I made... maybe inspired by chef Robyn's first name???
The logo will go on the top under the little ruffle and fabric covered buttons.
We meet tomorrow, but may try to knock out another tonight... I hope she likes them. If not, guess what mom's getting for Mother's Day?!

No comments: