Monday, February 21, 2011

Peace Tree Desserts Apron.







Baker extraordinaire, Robyn Eads of Peace Tree Desserts, has commissioned me to design a new apron for her. She will be filming a series of videos and has some surprises to unveil next month, so I'm a little under the gun.
Robyn prides herself in using all natural and organic ingredients whenever possible. I am going to design a few aprons for her to choose from, using her requested color palettes, logo, and whenever I can I will use organic fabrics and inks.
This is the first apron, sans the logo which will be silk screened on the 2 front pockets, made with Japanese ecrulat lyceenne from Quilters Alley in Ridgefield and organic bamboo. Raw edges rule and vintage cotton lace floats along the hemline.
The other option will be more colorful and frilly- but both have to be short, with pockets, and above all... "pretty".
Let me know which ones you like.

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Nancy!!! These are beautiful!! Love, Madds & Jen xoxo